Stacking the Bricks Podcast
EP2 - Scott Hurff's first product launch was "wrong", but $50k later he knows it didn't matter.
In this episode…
30x500 Alumni Scott Hurff joins Alex Hillman. They talk about how Scott's approach to building products has changed, and what he's learned from both of his launches.
By his own measures, Scott's first product - a technical course for designers wanting to use Quartz Composer - was far from "perfect". But even without perfection, his launch still exceeded his expectations and earned him $10k on launch week.
Then, when he improved his launch by incorporating ebombs & our 30x500 launch sequence technique, Scott more than tripled his launch revenue.
Also, like a lot of us, money isn't the only motivator. Scott's learned that there's some amazingly good feelings that come from being in the business of helping people succeed.
Tune in and learn a whole lot from Scott's experience. Check out his blog at scotthurff.com.
This recording originally appeared on UnicornFree.com in an article titled "What if your product launch fails? This interview will give you $10k reasons to do it anyway.": https://unicornfree.com/2014/what-if-your-product-launch-fails-this-interview-will-give-you-10k-reasons-to-do-it-anyway
All Stacking The Bricks Episodes
- EP29 - What are you optimizing for?
- EP28 - Double your Conversion Rate with Brennan Dunn
- EP27 - You can ship. But will anybody buy?
- EP26 - Don't wait 18 months
- EP25 - Features, or marketing? (Part 3 of a series)
- EP24 - Teamwork is harder than you think (Part 2 of a series)
- EP23 - "Everything will get easier if..." (Part 1 of a series)
- EP22 - How to make an offer they can't refuse (Outreach Masterclass with Kai Davis)
- EP21 - The most dangerous room in the house
- EP20 - Swift Kick in the Ass (Accountability)
- EP19 - A Swift Kick in the Ass (The Game of Business)
- EP18 - Our Profitable Mess (and how we're cleaning it up)
- EP17 - Kids Incorporated
- EP16 - How do you design products people love?
- EP15 - Why "Lambo Goals" never keep you motivated
- EP14 - What are your New Years Pants?
- EP13 - Justin Weiss's shift from side projects to successful product launches
- EP12 - "I'm shipping ebombs, now what?" - From Pain to Product with Nick Piegari
- EP11 - "I just need someone to hold me accountable."
- EP10 - Why do people worship the struggle of entrepreneurship? And how to avoid it.
- EP9 - How to clear a path for product success
- EP8 - From pain to product Masterclass with Amanda Thomas
- EP7 - Part two of "The Life-changing Magic of Shipping"
- EP6 - "The Life-changing Magic of Shipping"
- EP5 - The evil voicemail effect
- EP4 - Shipping is a skill
- EP3 - We didn't hit our 2014 goals. But...
- EP2 - Scott Hurff's first product launch was "wrong", but $50k later he knows it didn't matter.
- EP1 - How Pat Maddox went from 0 subscribers to over $3k MRR in 10 days