Stacking the Bricks Podcast
EP24 - Teamwork is harder than you think (Part 2 of a series)
Friday, July 8, 2016
In this episode…
In this episode we talk about the second of five things I wish I’d known when I started Freckle, things that would have made my life so much more profitable and pleasurable.
Adding people - partners, employees, contract staff - is one of the hardest parts of growing a business. It doesn't get talked about enough, and partly, because it's hard to talk about openly.
In this episode we talk about the reasons why working with people falls apart so often and some things we've learned along the way to make wise decisions when adding people to the team.
Subscribe here for new episodes of Stacking the Bricks every Friday!
All Stacking The Bricks Episodes
- EP26 - Don't wait 18 months
- EP25 - Features, or marketing? (Part 3 of a series)
- EP24 - Teamwork is harder than you think (Part 2 of a series)
- EP23 - "Everything will get easier if..." (Part 1 of a series)
- EP22 - How to make an offer they can't refuse (Outreach Masterclass with Kai Davis)
- EP21 - The most dangerous room in the house
- EP20 - Swift Kick in the Ass (Accountability)
- EP19 - A Swift Kick in the Ass (The Game of Business)
- EP18 - Our Profitable Mess (and how we're cleaning it up)
- EP17 - Kids Incorporated
- EP16 - How do you design products people love?
- EP15 - Why "Lambo Goals" never keep you motivated
- EP14 - What are your New Years Pants?
- EP13 - Justin Weiss's shift from side projects to successful product launches
- EP12 - "I'm shipping ebombs, now what?" - From Pain to Product with Nick Piegari
- EP11 - "I just need someone to hold me accountable."
- EP10 - Why do people worship the struggle of entrepreneurship? And how to avoid it.
- EP9 - How to clear a path for product success
- EP8 - From pain to product Masterclass with Amanda Thomas
- EP7 - Part two of "The Life-changing Magic of Shipping"
- EP6 - "The Life-changing Magic of Shipping"
- EP5 - The evil voicemail effect
- EP4 - Shipping is a skill
- EP3 - We didn't hit our 2014 goals. But...
- EP2 - Scott Hurff's first product launch was "wrong", but $50k later he knows it didn't matter.
- EP1 - How Pat Maddox went from 0 subscribers to over $3k MRR in 10 days